Wednesday, March 17, 2010

office parties

Does anyone else find office parties extremely awkward? We had one today, in honor of Saint Patrick's Day. Like anyone here is Irish. Wait, I think someone said they were "half". On second thought, that dude was Asian. Must have been a joke. My bad.

Anyway, all 40 of us gathered in the conference room that holds 10 people, to pick delicately at the food spread that covered the table. We bumped into each other awkwardly "um...sorry just wanted some pizza before fat dude in the corner eats it all", and then scramble try and find a place to eat, either in one of the coveted chairs, or those who fail to get a chair, the floor. Of course, there is the awkward standing room too. And then the even-more-awkward "standing in the doorway" room.

I think I would love office parties if they consisted of just me. Eating all that food.

No comments:

Post a Comment